Search This Blog

Thursday, September 8, 2011

I Am: A Hilfiger


Oh to be a part of the Tommy Hilfiger clan.
Every advertisement by the famous designer is bursting with layers, scarves, and giant family get togethers-- Only to be completed by the occasional TH Station Wagon.  Never less than three people are squeezed into a single square inch of the page... It's just a big cozy party.

Take Fall 2011's line for example. The image depicts a giant, happy family getting together- in an almost dysfunctional way- to snap a photo.

The feeling I got from seeing this made me want to cuddle up next to a warm fire and enjoy some deep conversation.

Tommy Hilfiger is known for its signature preppy style and layering- regardless of the season.  It has always been a brand that I associated myself with because, quite frankly, I like to be warm. Wisconsin winters are brutal by definition and require vests on top of turtlenecks on top of cashmere scarves and wool jackets... Something TH has perfected to a "T". 

Another thing about Tommy is that the label is not big into sex appeal.  Other brands, like Guess, have always focused on sex.  Why is this now the only way to market a product? If your goal is to SELL clothes why do you want people to take them OFF?  Tommy Hilfiger instead stands for being with people who you care about, be it your famous Uncle Tommy or your shy cousin Bertha. 

I have found this brand very relatable because of the family that I enjoy surrounding myself with.  We can have a good time doing simple things like playing a board game, whereas some families need booze (among other things) to be happy. 

The way to best describe Tommy Hilfiger would be casual yet dressy, layered yet comfortable, and fashionable yet refined.   Not too much different from myself.. I have always been true to who I really am, I grew up being very mature for my age, and I do like to have a lot of fun!  Just like the label, everything just works together in the end.

Tommy Hilfiger is indeed my brand of choice because of all that it represents to me.  I love that it remains a conservative label although the fashion industry has certainly changed. I love that it is functional and comfortable, and I love that I can relate to the image it represents. 

In order to look great and classy any season of the year, I trust my old friend,TH





No comments:

Post a Comment